Monday, October 17, 2011

Say What (?!?) Sunday - Consideration

Today's post is less about the words used and more about the action.  It's also less about Sunday and more about Monday morning - it's my blog and I can change the rules if I want to :)

This morning we were getting ready to get in the car to head to school with our new morning routine.  #7 and #8 went home over the weekend (I'll talk about that later), which means life in our house is much simpler.  To help it be even more simple, we moved #4 to her new school, the same as her brother, because she will be adopted in 10 DAYS!!!! and in less than that won't qualify for state paid daycare anyway, so we took the plunge to move her now. 

As we were getting ready to go...

Mie: Logie, can you do mommy a favor?
L: Sure! (really, he was enthusiastic about it!)
Mie: Logie, can you get mommy a water bottle, you know, the ones in the pantry?
L: Why mommy?
Mie: Because I need to take my (allergy) medicine and I'd like to drink it on the way to work.

So he cheerfully does it - what a blessing to ask a child to do something and he willfully does it with joy!  Oh how we're enjoying our home right now without #7 (and #8).  Then he comes back.

L: Here you go mommy (2 bottles in hand).  Here's one for your medicine and one for on the way to work.   Or, if you don't want it on the way to work, maybe you can drink it at work, you know, if you get bored.
Mie: So if I get bored at work or need a break I can take a drink of water?
L: Sure! 
Mie: Sounds great Logie.

I told him as best I could, but I don't think I could ever tell him enough how much that meant to mie.  How his thoughtfulnes just resonated with my spirit.

This weekend was peaceful.  It was still busy; we still had lots to do.  But it was peaceful.  We needed peaceful.

No comments: