Monday, November 10, 2008

Attention Walmart shoppers...

Have you noticed? And do you like it?

For the past two weekends I've noticed a faint something in the air. It's not too loud yet, but it's starting to become more prominent and I bet as they continue to roll out the theme it will be turned up.

Yes, that is right, I'm talking about the Christmas music!

It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas!

And although I'm not particularly in favor of the commercialization of Christmas, I do love the season with its sights and smells and maybe, most of all, the music! I'm one of those who love that there are easy listening radio stations that devote themselves entirely to Christmas music from November through Christmas day, even though I usually never listen to that station. I'm so excited!!!

What do you think? Do you like it or does it make you say bah humbug?

9 comments:

The Moshells said...

I have to admit I'm a sucker for it! Although, I have a prob with the Christmas decor up before Halloween. As long as it's a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, I'm ready to get in the spirit. By the way, I really really love your hair...it looks fantastic!!

The Kings said...

I love it but I wish they would wait until it was a little bit closer to Christmas. I am a one holiday at a time kind of girl

Anonymous said...

I guess all the decorations in stores and festive music are a good reminder for me to get my shopping done early, but I prefer to do my decorating after Thanksgiving. That's also when I put all the Christmas music back on my ipod!

Anonymous said...

I'll comment! I have strong feelings about this one.

I will first say that I LOVE Christmas music. Really love it, especially the non-traditional sounding songs.

HOWEVER, I think they start playing the music and "decking the halls" way, way too early. Christmas starts the day after Thanksgiving for me. The longer you stretch it out, the more tired I am of it by the time January 1 comes around. I don't want to be sick of all the Christmas fanfare by Jan. 1 - I want to enjoy it just for a time - it isn't special if you do it for 6 months! It's special if you do it for one month.

I also definitely agree about the commercialization of Christmas - and that's why they start it up so early - more time to buy, buy, buy!

AW said...

*covering ears with both hands and shaking my head*

LALALALALALALALALALALA!

Mandi said...

I love it, too! I just dug out our Christmas music from the Journey party last year and have already been listening to it. :)

AW said...

I didn't realize I was such a scrooge. :-S

Pandamonium said...

I don't really love the stores going into Christmas mode when Thanksgiving isn't here yet. I agree with Suzanne - Christmas starts the day after Thanksgiving. That's when my decorations come out, anyway.

I think the reason I don't like it in stores so much is that it makes it seem like the holiday is all about selling stuff. That irritates me.

Luke, Kristen and Pierce said...

I L.O.V.E. it! I love it in February. I love it in July. I love it in early November.