Then I'll be done with coursework. Not done completely yet - I'll still have to do my comprehensive exams and propose my dissertation in the fall and then complete my dissertation in the first half of 2012. But I'll be done with coursework.
I've been in grad school for 7 years getting a masters degree and now a Ph.D. I really can't believe I'm almost done. Being almost done and having a wonderful family that I'm passionate about gives me senioritis big time. If I can just hang in there a little bit longer I'll be done. Really! And getting closer gives me dreams of all the things I look forward to in just a few weeks. The list is probably MUCH different than most college kids finishing up their final coursework, but honestly it looks very similar to when I graduated with the undergrad degree many moons ago.
- Catch up with all the laundry - all washed, dried, put away, hung up, and ironed if needed. Maybe even if not needed.
- Scrub and sanitize the bathrooms. Heck, every room
- Clean the carpets
- Vacuum the stairs
- Catch up on couponing
- Paint the inside of my house
- Catch up with scrapbooking (I'm 4 years behind - and my son is 4...)
- Do some gardening - set up where I want to have my flower gardens and vegetable gardens in the future
- Setup my home office (right now its a catch all)
- Spend super time with my kiddos, with lots of crafts, baking, and reading books. I'd also like to figure out how to regularly get my kiddos to the pool, which I couldn't do by myself per state regulations but I wouldn't even try - that's a disaster waiting to happen.
- Mop the floor. Maybe even everyday.
- Work on a project with my husband.
- Take a shower every day.
- Get in shape physically. I want to try to shoot to run the half-marathon at a Dallas area lake with a fellow foster/adopt parent who does it as a fundraiser (or, at least on behalf of what she's doing). This would be no small feat as the farthest I've ever run was a mile and that was a very big stretch for me. So, I'll settle at first for walking more with my kids.
- Get my craft room organized.
- Sleep more.
- Get ready for baby.
Anything but the homework due tomorrow night that I better stop avoiding or I'll never make it to the glory days of scrubbing toilets.
Until tomorrow...(hopefully after I finish the homework assignment).