Friday, August 19, 2011

Update - I'm still alive!

Hi folks - thanks for trying to keep up with me.  I just haven't been able to blog much the past few weeks.  Between recovering from vacation and simultaneously processing my uncle's death and preparing for his service, blogging just hasn't been an option.

My uncle's service is tomorrow.  I'm nervous about it - I'm going to have to face reality.  I'm not sure how it will all turn out.  I hope it's a good day and brings some sort of closure for our family.  After the service we'll spend time as an extended family, sleep for the night, and then take off on a car ride back home - 22 hours in the car with 5 kids and my mom.  Should be fun as long as they don't bicker constantly.  I'm praying for a peaceful trip.

In other news - we had a permanency conference for #7 & #8 this week.  I had to participate by phone because I am out of state.  To my surprise, they decided it was time to return the kids home to their parents.  We will begin that process and transition them home over the next few weeks.  I don't know the full sequence of events or dates, but we do expect them to leave our home around the beginning of September.  We're still processing how we feel about that - there are certainly mixed feelings I'll blog about when I'm back.

I'm also discussing a potential new job opportunity - hmmm....

My son starts kindergarten this next week.  I'm so proud of him.  We bought his uniforms this week and when he tried them on he was so happy.  I'm sure I'll take lots of pictures of his first day.

Ok...please don't give up on my blog just yet.  I'll be back in full action soon God willing!

No comments: