Monday, January 11, 2010

Not a Movie Buff...and Can't Figure Out Why

I never thought I was deprived of much growing up but as I get older I learned I was sheltered from the movie world at large. There's this whole world out there that I've never been involved with! Crazy. Maybe it's because we never really went to the movies together. It wasn't our "scene". But, believe it or not I've never seen A LOT of the "classic" movies. Doesn't even matter which "classic" you're talking about! So, I think I'm going to make a list of movies that I've never seen that everyone says I "HAVE" to see :) and are shocked that I haven't already yet in these 28 years.

It's funny...as I think about them I wonder how much time must have been spent watching these movies, and, looking back when on Earth I would have been able to watch them all let alone catch up on them! Here's a partial list. I'm sure it will grow

Office Space
The Princess Bride
Young Frankenstein
City Slickers
Pretty in Pink
Sixteen Candles
Singing in the Rain
The King and I
Miracle on 34th Street (the original or remake!)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Spaceballs
Monty Python (any of them...there are multiple right?)
American Grafitti
Animal House
Revenge of the Nerds
Bad News Bears
Any of the 80s horror films (Nightmare on Elm Street, etc.)
Star Wars, the original 3 (I've seen the newer versions)
Ben Hur
Big
Blazing Saddles
Breakfast at Tiffany's
A Christmas Story
Annie
The Best Little XX in Texas
Born on the 4th of July
Top Gun
Can't Buy Me Love
The Color Purple
Dead Poet's Society
Driving Miss Daisy
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Mask
Any of the Rocky movies
Scarface, the Godfather, or any of those movies
Uncle Buck
Urban Cowboy
When Harry Met Sally
The Wizard

Bottom line...if I "should have" seen it...I probably haven't. Funny huh? I guess it's part of who I am.

So...what other movies should I add to my list...like "OMG...you haven't seenXX"?

The answer's probably no, but I'd like to know what you'd consider a classic that I should have seen.

5 comments:

AW said...

Shawshank Redemption

Memoirs of a Geisha (Not really a classic, but one of my favorites. The book is amazing, the movie is really good.)

Gone With the Wind

Casablanca

Mie said...

I've seen Memoirs! Believe it or not...but the other two can be added to the list.

Suzanne said...

Gone With The Wind is a MUST.

End of the Spear (Christian-based, great movie)

Ditto to MM for Shawshank...

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

And now my mind is blank, but I'd say you have an incredible start!

The Moshells said...

Steel Magnolias (My Personal Fav)
Absolutely on Gone with the Wind and Shawshank. You pretty much will need to invest in about 8 boxes of kleenex though. :)
Have fun though! And if you think about it, let us know which ones you really end up liking a lot!

Luke, Kristen and Pierce said...

Beaches

Gone with the Wind (absolutely, had to include it)

White Christmas