Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ha! That was funny...just what I needed.

To make matters even better...when I finally did pay my tuition I guess I typed the account number in wrong so it was initially accepted (so that I didn't know I typed it in wrong immediately) but then later "returned". And since it was an electronic check (actually two...I made two payments...one for the tuition and one for the remaining $500 left over from the yanked scholarship), I have now become a fraudulent check writer.

Thankfully they aren't pressing charges (it was over $2000, which would qualify to be a state jail felony for 180 days-2 years in jail and up to a $10,000 fine! Fun Fun!).

The only way to cure it, however, as the oh so rude undergrad assistant told me (sometimes you just want to reach through the phone and strangle someone...then I'm sure I wouldn't avoid the felony) is to make a trip up to Denton by the 6th with "guaranteed funds" and talk to the dean (again) to reinstate my classes (and good name). I was done with the girl on the phone who was wonderful enough to ensure me that even when I talked to her supervisor I'd hear the same thing. Peachy.

I did talk to her supervisor, who assured me that it was policy to force me to come up to campus. Which is when I lost it. I burst into tears and explained to her that I just couldn't take it anymore. I already had to head up to campus last week, which is hard enough for an extremely overworked narcoleptic because of a mistake that was largely due to their error.

As I've said before I'm not one to use tears to get my way, but there's only so much emotion one can handle. Seriously. Really though. I just couldn't handle anymore. Eventually she calmed me down enough to stop my sobbing long enough to tell me that she was going to get "the person who could make that decision" to call me when he/she was done with a meeting. (I guess it was good that it was an ice day or I would have done all of this in my oh so private cube).

A little while later she called me back to say I was once again eligble to pay online.

It shouldn't be this hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Marie! I would be crying too. I'm praying that things return to "normal" for you soon.

Mandi said...

Seriously? I'm sorry your day was that idiotic. I hate it when I get so worked up over something that I cry, but on the semi-rare occasion that it happens the person on the receiving end seems to understand a little bit better. SO I totally think it's ok to cry sometimes. It's certainly better than saying what you REALLY want to say to them, right? ;)