Thursday, January 29, 2009

107 days of gratitude

*Edited to add the remaining 40 things I'm grateful for...does it matter that it is now day 118 or so?*

I strongly believe in being positive and focusing on the blessings rather than dwelling on stuff that goes wrong. Although part of the purpose of this blog is to let me ramble to someone about whatever's on my mind, I want to make sure that I'm modeling what I believe in. And I believe in being a person of gratitude. So, there are 107 days of school left this semester. So, I'm starting this thread to be one where I can take time, every day, to be grateful. At the end of 107 days, I will have 107 things I'm grateful for. And hopefully that will be something to help me focus on the good. Like we're called to do (whatever is good, pleasant...). So, here it is!



  1. I'm extremely grateful for a happy, healthy son!
  2. I'm so grateful that I got to see the beautiful birds on Lake Ray Hubbard this morning on the way to work. Not sure what they were, looked like Pelicans, but not sure if they are around here...there were 20 or 30 of them.
  3. I'm happily grateful my husband and I enjoy playing rockband together...it's a husband and wife having fun as a couple...and now as a family with Logan on the new guitar too. So much fun.
  4. I'm grateful for wonderful friends and family that joined us on Superbowl Sunday...the house was full of kids running in every direction and the adults had fun too...at least I did!
  5. I'm extremely grateful I made time to lay down and cuddle with Logan when he went to sleep. I went to sleep before he did, but thankfully woke up in time to still get some homework done before actually going to bed
  6. I'm thankful I have a boss who really supports me. Everything else can be falling down around me and she's always there to help me find my mind again.
  7. I'm grateful I have a job where I can leave work early and spend time with my son at soccer tots...so much fun!
  8. I'm grateful that the Lord provides me with energy when I don't have any of my own...I'm grateful for the sustenance he provides.
  9. I'm grateful that I am trusted with much!
  10. I'm very grateful my sister moved here so we can all spend time together and the kids can play a lot together.
  11. I'm grateful for our church, class, and small group!
  12. I'm very thankful I don't have to worry about sick time.
  13. I'm thankful I have a wonderful husband who knows when I need help and stays home to take care of me.
  14. I'm grateful for rest, even when it comes in the form of the flu.
  15. I'm very thankful I have friends who forgive me when I miss our lunch date and don't even call.
  16. I'm thankful I'm feeling better and was able to enjoy our first parents night out!!! (The plus side of having the flu ahead of time is that you aren't very hungry when you go out and don't over eat TOO bad!!!)
  17. I'm grateful for the movie Fireproof and my husband's willingness to spend our time alone on V-day in tears as we watched it.
  18. I'm extremely grateful for my nephews and the joy they bring us, and the friendship my son has with them.
  19. I'm happy and grateful for a daycare that takes such great care of my son while I'm working.
  20. I'm grateful I finally get the opportunity to catch up on #'s 20-60 :)
  21. I'm extremely grateful I get to take time off occasionally to play with my son.
  22. I'm very grateful for the wii fit...it's been a blast recently.
  23. I'm grateful for traditions...even simple ones like watching America's Most Wanted alone on Saturday nights.
  24. I'm thankful my husband and have similar beliefs on most of the important things.
  25. I'm grateful Christ is patient with me when I'm not patient with others.
  26. I'm very thankful for rest.
  27. I'm thankful for my work...no really, I am.
  28. I'm thankful for my family, all of them.
  29. I appreciate that my husband tries to take care of me and is concerned about my well-being on a regular basis.
  30. I'm thankful we're paying off debt fairly rapidly.
  31. I'm grateful that I have the physical ability to work in the garden.
  32. I'm very thankful to have people in my life to coach me in becoming a better person.
  33. I'm thankful my son is more/less potty trained!
  34. I'm very grateful the shock collar worked to stop the barking...in two days!!!
  35. I'm thankful my husband has come home every night from work.
  36. I'm grateful we didn't get trampled on by the elephants at the circus today.
  37. I'm grateful for coupons...they give me that crazy thrill that only a budget-nerd, thrifty woman could appreciate :)
  38. I'm thankful for the rose bush that blooms well each spring...even for the one that never seems to grow well.
  39. I'm thankful for a doctor who allows me to make my own choices in fertility care. Aggressive or not, its up to us...no pressure but options are there.
  40. I'm grateful that God knows what our family will look like in a month, a year, a decade, and a century and that I don't have to worry about it.
  41. I appreciate my son's humor and the time I get to spend with him to enjoy it.
  42. I'm thankful my new dryer is FINALLY coming this week! It only took 4 months...almost to the day.
  43. I'm thankful for our weekly Costco trip. It's another tradition I highly value.
  44. I'm grateful for our family's safety after the events of last week and over the last year. Lord continue to protect as all.
  45. I'm thankful my son has been doing much better going to sleep at night!
  46. I'm very thankful my son went to sleep without a peep tonight!
  47. I'm thankful my husband likes to go to church as a family.
  48. I'm grateful I had the opportunity to take care of several adorable babies in the nursery today.
  49. I'm grateful for the wipes that took the hair dye off my fingers.
  50. I'm thankful for the talents I've been given, especially the ones that allow me to be creative in so many ways.
  51. I'm grateful for warm weather again!
  52. I'm grateful my husband is home unexpectedly on a Sunday night!
  53. I'm thankful for the Dallas weather that helps us to not get bored with it.
  54. I'm grateful my husband and I can laugh together and be silly together without worrying about what each otehr will think.
  55. I'm thankful for the guidance of my professors, both in my career and education.
  56. I'm thankful my son loves to play with his cousins and they enjoy having him over and getting us a break every once in a while.
  57. I'm thankful for the new recycling bins.
  58. I'm grateful for my husband's love for our son.
  59. I'm very thankful for our "family cheer".
  60. I'm thankful for weekends where I do no work or homework.
  61. I'm grateful for life.
  62. I'm thankful for TMZ and the laughs it gives me when I'm up late at night.
  63. I'm thankful my son can help take care of me when I'm sick. It's sweet.
  64. I'm thankful for living in the DFW area.
  65. I'm thankful for coupons!
  66. I'm grateful for my husband who is wonderfully supportive.
  67. I'm thankful my husband and I are still married!
  68. I'm thankful for the silly things my son says...like..."Mom...stop lying to me with your eyes!"
  69. I'm grateful I was able to finish prepping the garden (with help!).
  70. I'm grateful for the new fence...it looks good AND I don't have to go searching for the dog each night.
  71. I'm thankful for our mattress which is really comfortable and has other unmentionable benefits.
  72. I'm grateful for my son's joy when seeing the plants grow.
  73. I'm grateful the plants have started to grow! WOOHOO...
  74. I'm grateful that the plants are still growing after the dogs trample them everyday and one has picked a blueberry push as his personal toilet. Grr
  75. I'm grateful for my friends.
  76. I'm thankful that I'm free!
  77. I'm thankful for the simple joys in life.
  78. I'm grateful for what my company provides to help me pay for healthcare.
  79. I'm thankful my husband allows me to have bad days.
  80. I'm thankful for my new dryer!
  81. I'm grateful for my negotiating skills.
  82. I'm thankful for the days my son goes to bed "easy"
  83. I'm thankful for Saturday mornings when I can sleep in
  84. I'm grateful my son is growing up healthy
  85. I'm thankful my husband has come home safe every night so far.
  86. I'm grateful for my new stand mixer.
  87. I'm thankful for Pajama Sam. So much fun.
  88. I'm thankful for time tonight to pay bills.
  89. I'm grateful that we have been blessed with resources to help pay off some bills and have that snowball rolling.
  90. I'm grateful for peace
  91. I'm thankful for my parents
  92. I'm grateful for my car
  93. I'm very grateful for a loving home
  94. I'm grateful I love to cook and bake
  95. I'm grateful for our son, even more so than ever.
  96. I'm thankful for air conditioning, even though I like the heat.
  97. I'm grateful it is pool season again!
  98. I'm thankful my son loves the water as much as I do.
  99. I'm grateful for the way God makes us take a break, even though i don't necesarily like it at the time.
  100. I'm thankful school comes easy to me.
  101. I'm thankful for Sam Moon's.
  102. I'm thankful for rest and relaxation, at least the dream of it.
  103. I'm grateful for Costco and our weekly routine!
  104. I'm grateful for my husband's ability to make me laugh
  105. I'm thankful for the perks I get at work, like sneak preview tickets to popular movies
  106. I'm grateful for my opportunity to work with a variety of people from a variety of different countries.
  107. I'm grateful I was able to finish this semester!!!

And a big thanks to all of you who continue to look at my blog despite spending 107 days+ to be thankful without many other updates.

No comments: