- Most nights I sleep without a pillow. I have a pillow - a nice memory foam one that came as a "free-gift" with my memory foam mattress. For whatever reason at least half the nights I push it up so it stands against the wall (I don't have a headboard) and lay flat on the mattress. When I do, I think "I should write about that on my blog as part of a "random facts about Mie" post. Seriously - I'm not making that up. So here it is.
- I took 3 years off between graduating with my B.A. and pursuing my M.S. degree. It really would have been 2 but the month I was scheduled to start school I picked up and moved from LA to Dallas and so I had to wait another year to find a school, get into a program, etc, etc. The REAL reason I waited
23 years was that I was afraid and didn't know how to go to graduate school. God's honest truth. I didn't know how to do it. I didn't know how to apply, to pay for it, to pay to live while going to school and paying for school especially when I would need to move away from home (the schools I wanted to go to were FAR away from LA). I had a full-ride offer from Stanford. I didn't go. I didn't know how to make it happen.
- I'm 31. My hair is 50% gray. I am starting to consider dying it gray/white and just rocking it. BUT, my hair is long and curly. I don't know how I could really rock long and curly and gray. It seems it would need to be short instead and funky if I was going to "rock" anything but again my hair is curly and that would be interesting.
- I'm not gutsy enough right now to do #3 so recently I had my hair dyed to buy me a little more time. I noticed I needed to do something after our recent family pictures. YIKES!
- I'm treating our current placement as if it were our last so that we'll end up with 2 or 6 children. It kind of feels like it would as if it were my last pregnancy/child. Mixed feelings. I also am fully aware that just because I'm treating it that way doesn't mean it will end up like that.
- I added food coloring to packaged frosting to make myself believe I did something crafty for my littlest daughter's birthday cupcakes. The fact that it wasn't homemade frosting was a real bummer to mie, both for my ego as a mom and for the taste/texture (blech).
- I started using the myfitnesspal app to keep myself accountable for what I eat. I'm not significantly overweight and don't count as overweight from a BMI perspective but I'm not at a good "goal" weight either and more importantly I'm not eating healthy at all so I needed to put that on my to-do list. My dr. & dietician both made that pretty clear.
- I'm currently in a battle with my son over which Bible to buy him. We know it's time to buy him his own real Bible (instead of a preschool version). I want him to get one that has supplemental materials in it, things like "Did you know..." and little devotionals. He thinks that's baby-ish so he wants one that JUST has the Bible. I'm ashamed that I've pushed back so much on that so that I haven't bought him a Bible yet. Seriously? I have a son who WANTS to have a Bible, a real one - get the boy a Bible already!
- If you're sending mie a bill, plan on sending mie more than one. I'm not proud of it, it's just reality. When a bill (or any mail really) comes in the mail it gets stuck on the counter and ends up in a large pile-o-papers to get to at some other convenient time. That time never comes. The 2nd or 3rd time I see the bill come in I take it as a reminder to pay the first one. *hangs head in shame*
- I love Dt. A&W. I only drink it when I'm at home with my parents because they keep it in the fridge. I never buy it because I almost never go down that aisle at the store.
Please remember to support us in bringing home Miss E by donating to the cause with the donate button at the top right of my page. Thank you everyone!