Friday, December 09, 2011

Liebster Blog Award

Liebster Blog Award


  

Liebster is a German word which means "dearest" or "beloved". It is also used to refer to as someone's "favorite" and the idea of the Liebster Blog Award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers that deserve more recognition and encouragement.

I was nominated by Tammy over at I Must be Trippin'.   I must admit - after seeing these on all my "friends" blogs recently I wondered whether anyone thought enough of mie to nominate my humble abode.  Miss Tammy just made my day I tell you, as she does often.  Seriously - even though sometimes I feel like a single foster mom - she actually is and that deserves so much respect.  I love to keep updated on her kiddos and their cases but most importantly I love to see her perspective with how she manages it all.  There is nothing like finding another foster mama who can articulate the craziness of living such a life and loving it in the same breath!  In case I haven't told you - I love you miss Tammy :) (But seriously - recognizing mie for keeping up with my weekly segments during the week I didn't keep up with them?  Sheesh ;)  )
There are certain rules that come with the Liebster Blog Award:
  1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
  2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
  3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
  4. Hope that the people you've sent the award to forward it on to their five favorite bloggers and keep it going!
I'm receiving this award somewhat late in it's cycle through my friends, so I'm intentionally skipping over some of my favorites like MamaFoster, Learning to Abandon, and Small Town Joy (so just remember even though I didn't officially award you you're still among my favs).   I tried to really strip out all of the previously awarded folks, but that took too much time to figure out!  Here's my 5:

  1. Brit over at Living with Three Boys of our Own.  Brit and I are friends IRL, though I had her blog info before I met her!  Funny story - when we started down the foster/adopt path my cousin sent me the link to a blog from a great gal she met through her work.  She knew this gal had adopted and thought I might be interested.  I was but as things go I had no time to look at it at that point.  I saved the link for a later date.  Fast forward several, several months until the point I finally had time to look and to my surprise the link is to my friend Brit's blog!  CRAZY.  I had met Brit during that time through church and she became a big inspiration to mie.  Seriously - check her blog out and she'll inspire you too.  Be careful though - you may end up using natural products as cleaners, making your own detergent, and batch cooking.  Or you may move to rural America to provide your family a more country living despite how much your friends will miss you :)  Love you Brit.
  2. Attempting Agape - I really enjoy her writing style and the topics.  For mie it's a good mix of personal example-type blog entries and more journalistic-style entries.  You can't really go wrong with that and she does it wonderfully.  More broadly though, I really appreciate her whole story that brought her to foster care to begin with - the idea of attempting to love others as Christ has commanded regardless of whether your married, single, rich, poor, old, young - I just really have a heart for her and her mission.
  3. Holli over at Klein Haus Chaos.  If mie and Holli ever met I think we'd hit it off right away.  To mie there's a good mix of all that is right in life - being "in the world and not of it", practicality, crunchy parenting (my words, not hers), and choosing a ministry with foster care even though she has been blessed with 3 biological children.  She currently has 5 kids 5 and under, which seems just perfect to mie.
  4. Wendi over at Life in the....  This woman was kind enough to reach out to mie on my blog years ago as I was in the muck of new infertility at the prodding of my friend Andi.  Since then I've been following her journey around the globe as they've grown their own family through birth and adoption after infertility.  Most recently she's been open in sharing her experience with PPD after the birth of their newest child and I appreciate that she's willing to share vulnerably with others in the hopes that it might reach someone still suffering.  I pray God continues to bless this family as they serve our country oversees.
  5. I just recently began visiting Katie at More from the Mohrs.  I love to read her posts - who else can be so lighthearted about Rotavirus?  (I hope your kiddo gets better soon!).  Looking forward to reading more as time goes on.
Enjoy visiting some of my favorites and congratulations ladies on being on my top list, because, I know you were really wanting that for Christmas ;)

1 comment:

Brit said...

Thanks for the shout-out! You're the best!