Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Sleep

Today I am thankful for sleep.  Sleep is such a wonderful thing.  I am grateful that we have sleep as a resource to help refresh us and that it feels so good to go to sleep each night.

I'm thankful that when my kids are older I will have the chance to get more sleep. 

Sleep has been hard to come by for a few weeks because of work commitments and a baby who right now is a bit under the weather (and fussing every 5-7 minutes).  I'm thankful for the promise of a new day, one where sleep is a possibility.  So far this week I've worked about 4x as many hours as I've slept.  Think about that for a moment.  I've worked (not my "home" job, my actual paid job) 3x as much as I've slept while a typical 8 hr work/8 hr sleep/8 hr funorhomeorfamily schedule would have me sleeping equal to the amount I've worked.  Yikes.  Things are out-of-balance right now and its making me tired.  Like really tired.

And so today I'm thankful that I've slept before and that I'll be able to sleep again sometime.

No comments: