Sunday, March 07, 2010

Quick and Easy "Apple Cobbler"

Tonight I was craving apple cobbler but it was 9:45 and didn't have any handy.

SO...I made up a recipe for the microwave. It was great so I thought I'd share for your enjoyment too.

Peel, core, and slice 1 apple (I used pink lady). Put it in a microwaveable steamer like this one. Add 1/8-1/4 cup water. Add a 1tbsp slice of butter on top of the apples. Sprinkle on 1tsp of cinnamon (over all apples). Sprinkle on 1tbsp of sugar (over all apples). Add the lid of the steamer.



Cook for 5 minutes



Take the apples out of the steamer and into a bowl (without the cooking juice). Add ice cream (as much as you like)...then top with crushed graham crackers. Pour a little bit of the cooking juice/sauce on top and eat.



That simple. It turned out yummy!



Uh oh....now that I can make this pretty quick my figure (?) is in trouble!



(I also have frozen berries in the freezer...maybe I'll try berry cobbler next).

No comments: